Born and raised in the jungles of Cazadero.

10.18.2007

Dear Deer

Yesterday, while I was taking my lunch break - I was outside sitting on a tree trunk, smoking a cigarette, when all of a sudden I see a deer being hunted down by a [off-leash] dog. The dog attached the deer, and broke it's leg. The owner finally got the dog under control by tying his belt around the dog's neck and hauling it off.
The deer tried to stand up, but because it's leg was broken, it tumbled down the hill hitting her head on many rocks on the way down. Once it landed, I walked over and rested the deers head in my lap and tried to calm it by petting it and her heartrate started to slow down a bit.
We called animal control. They came over to where the deer was, and shot it. Thats it. End of story, no more deer.

No comments: